Michael is a senior solicitor in our Litigation and Disputes Resolution team.
Michael has been involved in a wide variety of disputes across different sectors, with his principal areas of practice being in employment, construction, and insurance law.
Example of his work include:
- Acting for both employees and employers in personal grievance claims in mediation and before the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court.
- Representing and defending an international company in respect of charges laid by WorkSafe New Zealand under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992.
- Acting for a subcontractor in respect of payment issues with the head contractor under the Construction Contracts Act 2002. This included proceedings regarding the interpretation of payment provisions under that legislation and the subcontract.
- Acting for insurers in respect of liability and recovery issues, including the defence of claims commenced following the Christchurch earthquake sequence in 2010-2011.
- Advising and defending firms of solicitors in respect of professional indemnity claims brought by former clients.