Stephanie is a Senior Associate in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. She has been a civil litigator for over 10 years.
Stephanie has a significant insurance practice, including providing advice on professional indemnity claims, cover issues and recoveries. She also deals with a variety of civil matters, including acting for plaintiffs and defendants on property and construction disputes.
Examples of work:
- Advising insurers on the prospects for recovery on various files.
- Acting for insurers and their insured in a claim against an electrical company for negligence following an electrical fire. There was significant uninsured losses in respect of an American sports car valued at over NZ$300,000.
- Defending solicitors in respect of property related transactions.
- Defending solicitors in relation to a claim arising from an alleged conflict of interest.
- Defending a solicitor sued by multiple plaintiffs claiming under the Fair Trading Act following a communication written by the firm to creditors of the firm’s client.
- Acting for the plaintiff in a contract dispute involving a myriad of factual issues which required very detailed analysis and investigation.
- Advising insurers and defending auditors against allegations of breach of contract and negligence in relation to audits completed over a number of years during which time the plaintiff suffered loss due to the theft of monies by an employee.
- Acting for architects in relation to a claim by a District Health Board alleging weathertightness issues in two buildings.