Kate Telford is a Partner in our Corporate and
Commercial team. Prior to joining Hesketh Henry, Kate practised
in large law firms in both Australia and the United Kingdom.
Kate’s principal area of practice is general commercial law,
with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions. Kate has
extensive experience in advising both purchasers and vendors in
relation to business asset and share sales, including
undertaking a large number of complex due diligence
In addition, Kate regularly advises clients on a range of
commercial agreements including joint venture agreements;
manufacturing agreements; distribution agreements; sponsorship
agreements and terms of trade.
Some of the projects Kate has recently been involved in are:
- Acting for ANZ Capital in relation to its investment in,
and its exit from, Tegel Foods Limited.
- Advising Tiri Group Limited in relation to the purchase
of Rapid Labels, Electrical Supply Corp Limited and the sale
of Batavian Rubber Co Limited.
- Acting for various governments in the Pacific Islands in
relation to the sale of their shares in Pacific Forum Line
Limited to the Government of Samoa.
- Advising Ingram Micro (N.Z.) Limited on the acquisition
of the assets of the Vantex Group of companies in New
Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.
- Acting for a Swiss listed company in respect of its
acquisition of an audiology group in New Zealand.
- Advising the sole shareholder of JMI Aerospace Limited
on the sale of its shares in the company to an Australian
- Advising Hirepool on a number of acquisitions and
divestments, including the sale of Nationwide Equipment
Limited and Power Plant Supplies Limited under a management
- Acting for Flooring Brands Limited (parent company of
Carpet Court New Zealand) on a number of acquisitions
throughout New Zealand and Australia.
- Advising a listed New Zealand investment fund on various
corporate governance issues including advising on
shareholder resolutions put forward at the company's annual
- Advising the Board of a listed New Zealand company on
conflicts of interest issues.