Kate Telford is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial team.
Prior to joining Hesketh Henry, Kate practised in large law firms in both Australia and the United Kingdom.
Kate’s principal area of practice is general commercial law. Kate regularly advises clients on a range of commercial agreements including joint venture and shareholder agreements; manufacturing agreements; distribution agreements; sponsorship agreements and terms of trade.
In addition, Kate has extensive experience in advising clients in relation to acquiring, disposing of and investing in businesses, including undertaking a large number of complex due diligence investigations. Kate was recommended as an “M&A specialist” in the 2015 Legal 500.
Examples of work that Kate is regularly involved in are:
- Advising on the joint venture arrangements of a large manufacturing client including the acquisition of the business to be undertaken by the joint venture entity.
- Advising on the joint venture arrangements, including the provision of manufacturing services by a joint venture partner, in the construction industry.
- Acting for a New Zealand listed company in respect of various corporate governance matters including conflict of interest issues and matters raised by a disgruntled shareholder.
- Acting for a large manufacturing group in relation to both acquisitions and divestments.
- Acting for various governments in the Pacific Islands in relation to the sale of their shares in a shipping company.