Anna is a solicitor in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team.
Anna moved to New Zealand from England in 2007 and was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in March 2012. Having worked in other top-tier firms in Auckland, Anna joined Hesketh Henry in July 2015.
Anna is a member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team and is involved in a variety of contentious matters including, insurance claims litigation, construction disputes, defective building claims and contract disputes.
Examples of work:
- Advising insurers on a wide range of issues with a particular focus on property, casualty, general liability, and professional liability.
- Acting for insurers on High Court proceedings arising from the Canterbury earthquakes, including high value commercial premises and residential property.
- Pursuing subrogated recovery claims on behalf of insurers.
- Acting for a subcontractor in a proceeding involving multiple parties and a variety of design and construction issues.
- Appearing as junior counsel in a High Court proceeding relating to breach of fiduciary duties, breach of agency and knowing receipt of trust property Fenswick International Limited v GR International Limited  NZHC 1119.
- Appearing as junior counsel in an Estate Litigation proceeding relating to a life insurance policy.
- Appearing as junior counsel in a Court of Appeal proceeding relating to extension of time to appeal High Court judgment Ward v Cockrell  NZCA 14.
- Acting as counsel in a variety of criminal defence matters.
- Advising various companies and individuals on debt recovery matters, acting in summary judgment proceedings and appearing for creditors in bankruptcy proceedings.
Anna has volunteered at Grey Lynn community law centre, Papakura citizens advice bureau and enjoys golf, touch rugby, dance, tramping and kayaking.