Bill Walsh is a solicitor in the Corporate and Commercial team at Hesketh Henry.
Bill attended the University of Canterbury completing an LLB (Hons) and BCOM (Economics). Since joining Hesketh Henry in October 2014, Bill has gained experience advising clients on a range of corporate and commercial legal issues.
Examples of Bill’s work include:
Prior to joining Hesketh Henry Bill gained legal experience whilst clerking for a large New Zealand firm and a mid-sized British firm.
- drafting, reviewing and providing advice on commercial agreements including distribution agreements, joint-development agreements, confidentiality/ non–disclosure agreements, terms of trade and joint-venture agreements;
- drafting agreements and providing advice relating to the sale and purchase of businesses along with assisting with due diligence and undertaking completion of those transactions;
- providing intellectual property advice generally as well as assisting with the protection of intellectual property rights through the registration/ renewal of trade marks;
- advising clients on a range of advertising and consumer law issues;
- drafting corporate company documentation including shareholder agreements, company constitutions and board and shareholder resolutions;
- providing general corporate compliance advice and ongoing assistance to companies on matters including the new AML/CFT requirements, company incorporations and financial service provider registrations; and
- presenting to Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand on Privacy Law from an E-Commerce perspective.