Gennise Luen is a senior associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team.
Gennise is involved in a range of litigation including leaky buildings and construction claims, company investigations, and multimillion dollar commercial disputes. She enjoys the variety and challenges that arise from the diversity of issues which civil litigation encompasses.
Examples of work:
- Advising plaintiffs and defendants on building and construction defects cases, including weathertightness claims, involving large commercial developments, schools, unit title developments, private residential dwellings: Chancery retail complex; Auckland Girls Grammar (Technology Block); Papatoetoe Primary School (Administration upgrade); Sandringham Kindergarten; Castle Glade; The Fields; Macaulay St Terraces; Hobson Gardens; Harbour Green
- Advising on issues arising out of property damage following the Canterbury Earthquakes, including negotiating and documenting settlements of claims for damaged commercial premises and applications under the Unit Titles Act for minority relief.
- Advising various applications in relation to relief sough tunder the Unit Titles Act arising from extensive water-related damage to a multi-storey complex with mixed commercial, retail and residential use.
- Advising on Construction Contracts Act disputes involving principals, contractors and subcontractors
- Defending prosecutions under the Electricity Act 1992 on behalf of employer