Hak Jun is a Senior Associate and Heads the Asia Practice at Hesketh Henry. Originally from Korea, he graduated from the University of Auckland and was admitted in New Zealand in 2001. He is also admitted as an Attorney at Law in New York, USA and in New South Wales, Australia.
Hak Jun advises in all aspects of commercial and property law including complex business and property transactions, land development, banking and finance and foreign investments.
Examples of his recent work include:
His current appointments are:
- advising and preparing tender documents for Hyundai – Rotem in relation to subcontracting the maintenance service of the Wellington’s railroad;
- advising Kookmin Bank in drafting loan and security documents and assisting general banking business;
- assisting and advising in property investment and construction disputes to
well-known Korean construction company;
- advising Sky Investment Group (Chinese) on NZ$40 million residential apartment projects
- assisting overseas Investors to acquire various investments in New Zealand.
- The honorary legal counsel for the Korean Consulate Office in Auckland
- The advisor for Auckland and Busan (Korea) sister city relations
- The legal advisor for the Korean Chamber of Commerce in NZ
- A trustee for the Korean Cinerama Trust – responsible for the biannual Korean Film Festival
- A member of The National Unification Advisory Council
- Korean New Zealand Business Council
- New Zealand Law Society
- Inter Pacific Bar Association