Hesketh Henry has a specialist Employment Law Team. We are experts with significant experience in all aspects of employment relations.
We provide advice to employers, employees and unions on:
- Employment relationship problems, personal grievances, disputes and litigation.
- Compliance with legislative requirements, including Employment Relations Act 2000, Holidays Act 2003, and other minimum code legislation.
- Restructuring and redundancies, including employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Confidential information, intellectual property, and restraint of trade issues.
- Health and Safety at Work, including compliance and defending prosecutions.
- Disciplinary and performance management processes.
- Bullying, harassment and discrimination claims.
- Drafting, developing and implementing employment agreements, policies and procedures.
- Collective bargaining and union issues.
Our experience covers the full breadth of employment law and employment relations issues. We regularly represent clients at mediation, in the Employment Relations Authority and the Employment Court.
We work closely with our clients to understand and approach the employment situation in its context. This allows us to see the ‘bigger picture’ and to develop solutions that are pragmatic, business-focussed, and effective.
We find that the best and most cost-effective results are achieved when clients involve us at an early stage of a project or issue.