We have in-depth experience and knowledge of all aspects of information and communications technology law. Our expertise in this developing area enables us to provide our clients with practical and pragmatic advice. Our services assist our clients to remain competitive in the global marketplace, to operate their businesses efficiently, and to meet the changing needs of their worldwide customer base.
Our Information Technology Team acts for businesses ranging from major multi-national corporations to small start-ups and emerging businesses, and we advise both suppliers and users of technology and e-commerce “solutions”. We act across a range of industries, from telecommunications to software development and commercialisation.
Examples of our work in this area include:
- advising a New Zealand-based software supplier on its international licensing, distribution, joint venture and hosting arrangements and, in particular, IP protection strategies;
- advising the developer of high-end disaster recovery software on international software licensing and distribution arrangements;
- acting for one of Asia's leading satellite operators in relation to its acquisition of large-scale satellite dishes in New Zealand;
- negotiating and advising on software development and support agreements with local authorities;
- advising an online financial services provider on e-commerce related legal requirements;
- advising the developer of entertainment system software on customer agreements and licensing requirements;
- advising an applications developer on its supplier and customer contracts; and
- preparing and advising on various supply agreements, including licences, software and website development, hosting, implementation, project management, and service level support and maintenance agreements.