Mergers and acquisitions is a core practice area at Hesketh Henry. We have acted on a wide range of domestic, trans-Tasman and international M&A transactions. We advise corporates, private equity funds, financiers and management on trade sales and purchases, leveraged buy outs, management buy outs and venture capital investments.
Our services include pre-sale/ pre-purchase due diligence, data room capability, restructuring, drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements and financing arrangements, obtaining regulatory approvals and clearances and all other associated matters.
Examples of transactions completed by our team in recent times include:
- acting for the owners of Kerrick Industries Limited in relation to the sale of shares to the Nilfisk Group, one of the world's leading manufacturers of professional cleaning equipment. Kerrick is based in both New Zealand and Australia and is a large supplier of professional cleaning equipment;
- acting for Vestner Aufzüge GmbH and its New Zealand subsidiary in relation to the acquisition of Pandect Limited, a leading New Zealand provider of access solutions for commercial, public and residential properties. Vestner is a German based business operating throughout Europe, with more than 80 years' experience in elevator construction;
- acting for DEKRA SE in relation to the purchase of 60% of the shares in Vehicle Testing Group Limited, the leading automotive testing service provider in New Zealand. The transaction was completed on 31 October 2013 following Overseas Investment Office approval;
- acting for Juken New Zealand Limited, a subsidiary of Tokyo Stock Exchange listed company, Wood One Co. Ltd, in the sale of its shares in Juken NZ Northern Plantations Limited to Summit Forest Management of NZ Limited, a subsidiary of Sumitomo Corporation of Japan for a consideration exceeding NZ$100m. Juken New Zealand owns or controls an interest in approximately 8,030 hectares of leasehold land and 816 hectares of freehold land located in Northland;
- advising ANZ Capital in relation to its exit from Tegel Foods. Hesketh Henry had previously advised ANZ Capital in relation to its investment in Tegel Foods and shareholding arrangements with Pacific Equity Partners;
- advising Amalgamated Telecom Holdings Limited (ATH) of Fiji in relation to its acquisition of a 49% shareholding in Fiji International Telecommunications Limited from a subsidiary of Cable & Wireless Communications Plc (a company incorporated in the United Kingdom). ATH is involved in the provision of a wide range of telecommunication services in Fiji;
- advising Kinfolk Capital, a private equity company, in relation to its investment in CMS Alphatech Limited. CMS Alphatech is a leading company in the Australasian healthcare market;
- advising the shareholders of JMI Aerospace on the sale of their shares to Brambles, an Australian listed company. JMI Aerospace is a New Zealand-based provider of maintenance and repair services for non-flight critical aviation equipment;
- advising Vital Food Processors Limited (a life science company which produces digestive aids) in relation to the acquisition by Nestle S.A. of an 18% stake in that company;
- advising Flooring Brands Limited (which owns Carpet Court and The Floor Store) on a number of acquisitions throughout New Zealand and Australia;
- advising Hirepool on its divestment of its Nationwide Equipment and Power Plant Supplies business units and expansion through acquisitions and greenfield developments from 13 to over 80 branches in New Zealand;
- advising the Trans Tasman Commercialisation Fund (an investment fund based in Australia-New Zealand) in relation to the sale of its shares in Halo Inductive Power Technologies Limited (a Guernsey-incorporated company dealing in wireless electric vehicle charging technology) to Qualcomm Corp (Delaware); and
- advising Tiri Group Limited in relation to its acquisition of the Rapid Labels division of Blue Star Group (New Zealand) Limited.