New Zealand is a trading nation. We provide practical, timely and cost-effective advice to commercial clients in relation to all aspects of their importing and exporting businesses.
Our lawyers have experience dealing with the key commodities traded into and out of New Zealand: agriculture, coal, oil, grains, fertiliser, logs and timber products.
Many of our lawyers have worked internationally. We regularly advise on agreements and issues involving international counterparties.
Our expertise includes:
Matters our lawyers have worked on include:
- Dispute resolution in New Zealand and internationally
- Health and Safety
- Contract review and drafting terms and conditions
- International joint ventures
- Trade finance
- Product liability
- M & A
- Advising an internationally owned forestry products manufacturer in relation to the sale of forestry assets.
- Advising international importers in relation to the alleged contamination of food products during shipment.
- Advising an international supplier of wood products in relation to compliance with standards and fair trading issues.
- Advising commodities traders (including sugar, metals, oils and grains) on sale and purchase contract terms, damage to or contamination of goods, trade finance and disputes in international litigation and arbitration.
- Advising on cross-border agreements.
- Advising on trade credit insurance terms and claims arising under trade credit insurance policies.
- Voluntary disclosures to regulators regarding potential breaches of export regulations.
- Design of programmes for development of IP to ensure export regimes of other jurisdictions do not apply to jointly developed technology.
- Large product recall of safety critical components involving numerous marine vessels in multiple jurisdictions. All components replaced, with every regulator's approval, whilst the vessels were docked for regular periodic maintenance.
- Joint development of improved production of industrial diamonds by PRC and US interests.
- Joint Venture between US and UK interests to build and supply Mastiff, Ridgback and Wolfhound vehicles to the UK MOD.
- Long term supply agreements for cross border supplies of componentry with applications in a variety of fields including petrochemical, vehicles, aeroplanes, marine vessels, vehicular and personnel body armour, health scanners and implantable medical devices.
- Turn key agreements for the design, construction and commissioning of a significant manufacturing line in the PRC and the associated seven year supply agreement.