Originally from Korea, he graduated from the University of Auckland and was admitted in New Zealand in 2001. He is also admitted as an Attorney at Law in New York, USA and in New South Wales, Australia.
Hak Jun advises in all aspects of commercial and property law including complex business and property transactions, land development, banking and finance and foreign investments.
As head of Asia practice Hak Jun regularly advises various international and corporate clients on cross-border transactions and is actively involved with various Asian business and community associations.
His current appointments are:
- The honorary legal counsel for the Korean Consulate Office in Auckland;
- The advisor for Auckland and Busan (Korea) sister city relations;
- The legal advisor for the Korean Chamber of Commerce in NZ;
- A trustee for the Korean Cinerama Trust – responsible for the biannual Korean Film Festival; and
- A member of The National Unification Advisory Council