Barret Blaylock is a Senior Associate in our Commercial Property Team.
Barret practices in all aspects of property law with particular focus in commercial leasing, acquisitions and disposals of commercial property, development and residential transactions.
Barret joined Hesketh Henry in 2007 after working at a general practice firm in Auckland where he worked in the areas of property and commercial law.
Barret is of Te Atihaunui a Pâpârangi descent
Recent work includes advising:
- Off shore investors in relation to negotiating and drafting a wide range of documentation including agreements, leases, licenses and the management of their premium commercial office buildings which include the Old Bank Arcade and Chambers (Wellington), AUT Building, Customhouse, and six office buildings in Viaduct Harbour (Auckland).
- A Major Retirement Village operator in relation to negotiating and documenting development agreements, works agreements, covenants, encumbrances and easements of their construction and development of a Retirement Village in Central Auckland.
- A major Retirement Village operator in relation to their subdivision development of a retirement village in Auckland.
- Overseas clients in relation to their purchases of properties in New Zealand and the Overseas Investment Act 2005 consent requirements for those purchases.
- Private individuals and commercial clients in relation to unit title developments, subdivisions, construction and leasing matters.