Julika is a Senior Associate in our Corporate and Commercial team. She specialises in all aspects of corporate and commercial law.
Julika has advised on a wide range of corporate and commercial law issues, including reviewing and advising on commercial contracts, terms of trade and distribution agreements, mergers and acquisitions, advertising campaigns, consumer law, and intellectual property rights.
Julika regularly contributes to publications of the Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance where the firm is the New Zealand member.
Examples of work that Julika has been involved in recently include:
- assisting DEKRA SE, a German company and the world’s largest testing organisation in the automotive sector in its acquisition of the majority of the shares in Vehicle Testing New Zealand Limited, the leading automotive testing service provider in New Zealand with 84 inspection stations nationwide and around 850 employees;
- the sale of Juken New Zealand Limited’s northern forest plantations to a Sumitomo Corporation owned New Zealand subsidiary;
- assisting with the preparation of an Overseas Investment Office application for a European entity to invest in a New Zealand entity with an interest in sensitive land;
- advising multinationals in relation to advertising and promotional campaigns in New Zealand, including in respect of dealings with the Commerce Commission; and
- advising German and other European entities in relation to their extensive investment portfolios and other business interests in New Zealand.
Julika completed her BA and LLB at the University of Auckland and was admitted to the Bar in 2009.
Julika is fluent in German.