Workshop 1 – 4 March 2020
Managing sick or injured employees can be an extremely challenging prospect for employers. Not only are the legal issues complex, but the situation is almost always emotionally fraught. It is important to understand the legal framework, and to recognise the common pitfalls and risk areas.
In this workshop we will cover the following:
- Contractual issues – what should (and shouldn’t) be in your employment agreement.
- What law applies? How do you balance the statutory and case law requirements?
- How to manage an employee who is:
- away from work for an extended period; or
- intermittently away from work; or
- at work, but unable to do the job.
- Recognising the danger signs – when should you start to get worried?
Time: 10:00 am – 12 noon (2 hours).
Cost: $395 per person plus GST.
Refreshments will be provided. Spaces are strictly limited.